Thursday, March 11, 2010

Everything I Ate Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday morning I grabbed a pumpkin skuffin on my way out the door to run some errands and meet with my family friend, Lainie who is a consultant for Arbonne. You can check out the bi-weekly blog I am helping her with here. Shoot her an E-mail at beautybylainine [at] gmail.com if you have any product questions; I've never seen anyone more passionate about beauty products!


My roommate Rebs and I went to the mall (she lives about 15 minutes away from me at home) for lunch and to shop for formal dresses. We stopped into La Botega for lunch where I ordered a Venezia panini which includes hearts of palm, goat cheese, portobello mushrooms and mixed greens on pressed whole wheat:


After about two hours of tireless dress-searching we decided to stop for an F-word. By F-word I mean a Starbucks Frappuccino, which is how a few of my friends and I started referring to them as when we were in London. I'm actually not even sure how it started but we'd be like, "ugh, it's time for an F-word!" Anyway, I got a Green Tea and Rebs got Coffee:


After finally finding a dress (yay!) Rebs dropped me off at home where my mom was making whole wheat pasta with Trader Joe's turkey meatballs and string beans. I snuck some basil into the tomato sauce she was cooking the meatballs in and made a cucumber, tomato and avocado salad using Persian Cucumbers:


I love these cucumbers because they are super super crunchy and just plain cute. I chopped up 3 of these 5-inch cucumbers, a beefsteak tomato and an avocado with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt:


Thanks for dinner mom!


After dinner I had a bowl of strawberries and a sandwich cookie:



For dessert ate some walnuts and raisins with a friend who I will be talking about in my blog post tomorrow night. Get ready to learn some great fitness tips from a certified personal trainer!!!


I was very uncharacteristically not-so-hungry this morning, so I just had a piece of cinnamon raisin toast with Earth's Balance:


For lunch I made a Green Monster with a frozen banana and a handful of frozen cherries, 5 torn kale leaves, ground flax and hemp milk with an apple and cheese wheel:


My mom took me to see her High School's student production of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." I saw the show on Broadway with Will about 3 years ago and these students did a really amazing job with it:


For dinner we went to a restaurant near the school named Touch of Italy, which my mom lovingly refers to as "Touch." For whatever reason she and I always split everything when we go there and tonight we split a salad to start:


For dinner we got pasta melanzane with whole wheat penne and garlic spinach:



I love little restaurants like this because you get to know the staff and the people who eat there (we always run into people we've seen there before!). The spinach is my favorite dish with huge slices of roasted garlic throughout.

Here is my mom with her all-time favorite cappuccino that is served with a stick of rock candy for stirring:


For dessert I made Choco-Cado pudding (x2) and served some up for myself in a short glass with sliced strawberries. Creamy, all-natural and delicious:



Be sure to check back tomorrow to learn how to get the most out of your exercise!

With health,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment