Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Veggie Bites Season 3, Episode 4!

In true final's week fashion I decided to update the blog last night around 3a.m. only to find that my internet wasn't working. But my internet is working now (yay!) and will hopefully not cut out on me before finishing this post. The past three weeks have been legitimate insanity. The new brothers in my fraternity (Alpha Kappa Psi) got initiated and I planned our formal with the help of these lovely people:


I spent a week in the editing lab tweeking these photographs for my final series (the model is my friend Christina Bartol, how amazing is she?). I have been having a ton of fun at Ping Pong doing a bunch of media and promotional planning and all of my final tests and most of my final presentations happened over the last three weeks. The great thing about all of this is that I've only got three projects left to complete this week and now that my photography class has ended and my AKPsi duties are over I have time to blog again!

The most recent episode of Veggie Bites to go up on YouTube is Barcelona! My friends Rebs, Jeff and I went to Barcelona directly from Paris during our winter break and we had an incredible time. Check out my London blog to read more about it! In this episode Jeff helps me make vegetable paella and we have a special guest to toast with us at the end!

Part 1

Part 2


Part 3

Part 4

Vegetable Paella


Ingredients:

· 2 cups long grain white rice

· 26 oz. can crushed tomato

· 4 cloves garlic

· 1 white onion

· ½ cup green peas

· 1/3 cup artichokes, chopped

· 3 carrots, cut into thin disks

· ½ lemon

· 2 cups vegetable stock

· Tbsp tumeric

· 21/2 tbsp paprika

· Salt and pepper


Directions:

Add crushed tomato, onion, garlic and rice to your largest pan on a medium-low heat. After 10 minutes or so add in peas, artichokes and carrots along with tumeric, paprika, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Gradually add vegetable stock for rice to absorb until all of the vegetable stock is used. While cooking be sure to let the rice at the bottom of the pan brown and harden. After about 40 minutes or so, serve paella onto plates using a spatula, being careful not to break the bottom rice crust (that’s where all of the flavor is!).


Serves 6




Non-alcoholic sangria


Ingredients:

· One gala apple

· ½ orange

· White grape juice

· Pomegranate juice

Directions:

Cut gala apple and orange into small cubes. Add fruit to a pitcher or carafe and fill 2/3 of the way with white grape juice. Add a few splashes of pomegranate juice, stir and pour over ice.




My hair looks crazy in this picture, but this is the picture of us in the speedboat with the woman who lives in the same town as me, small world!


Us with our bracelets which are all a very dark shade of brown now! We had lunch that day about half a block away from the Sagrada Familia!


I think I am going to wait just one more day for my Spumoni Gardens re-cap and I will also give you an incredible bruschetta recipe courtesy of Ina Garten/my roommate Tina!

With health,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment