Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Week of Epic Food

In the midst of procrastination Saturday night, my roommates and I planned out our week in food:

Monday: dinner at Chef Geoff's
Tuesday: day in Alexandria with lunch at Bittersweet Cafe
Wednesday: Cinco de Mayo feast for dinner
Thursday: late lunch/early dinner/cinco recovery at Founding Farmers
Friday: Dolcezza Artisnal Gelato and Georgetown Cupcake for mid-day treats

This is what most people do, right? Plan out what they're going to eat a week in advance? Anyway...

Thinking of future eats typically gets me out of a rut so as I completed my last final yesterday and handed it in, I immediately thought of the light at the end of the tunnel; dinner at Chef Geoff's. At a restaurant that is always delicious and innovative, I decided to be boring and order my Chef Geoff's standard, an Asian Salmon Burger. Perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and seasoned on the inside, the burger is topped with thin slices of cucumber, pieces of pickled ginger and just the right amount of wasabi mayonnaise. I opted for a salad of mixed greens as a side:


Before dinner Rebs made these Sprinkles red velvet cupcakes (a special thank-you to my friend Kayden for buying me the mix!). We waited until after dinner to frost them and ate them happily while watching "The Real Housewives of New Jersey." A beautiful end to junior year of college.



Today we ventured out to Alexandria's King Street for a late lunch and candy fix. For lunch we went to Bittersweet Cafe, a spot serving up a hot buffet, a slew of sandwiches and some whimsical desserts. They are most known for enormous quart-size servings of lemonade (the one I got is about half the size of the quarts!) , which is definitely thirst-quenching on a sunny day. I had a wrap with chicken, veggies and spicy Thai peanut sauce



After lunch we made our way down King Street toward the waterfront and stopped into Candi's Candies, a candy shop with every confection imaginable plus about 50 different flavors of salt water taffy. Here's Rebs in the store with the longest gummy worm of all time (note the barrels behind her, they're all topped with taffy!):


Along with some taffy I got this all-natural marshmallow wrapped in caramel. It was so good!


The waterfront was so beautiful:


Tomorrow is my last day at my internship with Ping Pong until September and I can't wait for Cinco de Mayo celebrations at night (I am making fajitas with all of the fixings)! I will be back on Friday for our fiesta recap plus what is sure to be a delicious meal at Founding Farmers and more!

With health,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment